Author(s): M. A. R. Habib
This comprehensive guide to the history of literary criticism fromantiquity to the present day provides an authoritative overview ofthe major movements, figures, and texts of literary criticism, aswell as surveying their cultural, historical, and philosophicalcontexts.
- Supplies the cultural, historical and philosophical backgroundto the literary criticism of each era
- Enables students to see the development of literary criticismin context
- Organised chronologically, from classical literary criticismthrough to deconstruction
- Considers a wide range of thinkers and events from the FrenchRevolution to Freud?s views on civilization
- Can be used alongside any anthology of literary criticism or asa coherent stand-alone introduction